Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween HandBOOK: Luna Lovegood Costume Tutorial

"Don't worry, you're just as sane as I am."


For today's final post for Halloween HandBOOK (a day late because my internet is insanely slow) I have prepared some costume inspiration for Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series.




In this video I show you the process Bryn and I went through. I show you a hairstyle, costume inspiration, and how to make your own Quibbler magazine!


COSTUME

It was very easy to find a costume for Luna. We used these  pictures for reference and built from there. 




















We were able to find a fantastic jacket from Value Village that matched Luna's pretty well. The dress is an old dress that I had with a -polka-dot patterned tiered skirt that offered a loud enough print to resemble Luna's. Finally we added the striped socks, patterned boots, and blue leggings.

ACCESSORIES

Bryn was able to borrow a pair of real spectrespecs from a friend, but you can certainly make your own. In the video, I showed how to make a Quibbler magazine.




These are the edited versions of a Quibbler cover that I used to make the magazine in the video. Essentially, we just printed these off and taped them to the cover of a preexisting magazine. BAM, Quibbler!

The final prop was a wand. Bryn got hers at Harry Potter World in Orlando, Florida, but if you'd like a wand tutorial, they are very easy to make. I've made a couple using Strawburry17's YouTube channel.



So that's all you need to become Luna Lovegood for Halloween! Here are the rest of the pictures, as promised. Enjoy!










 Thanks again to Bryn for being my Luna model!

Read On,
B



No comments:

Post a Comment